Whether you’re traveling by car, airplane or ship, these travel hacks will have you saying, “Why didn’t I think of that?”
- Need an extra cup holder?
Stand up the cup in your empty shoe.
- Bringing games along?
Never lose the dice again. Enclose them in a small clear food storage container with a lid. They will free tumble within while staying together inside.
- On a car trip, don’t pack in suitcases.
Use plastic stacking drawer systems. Grab a drawer and bring it in to the hotel for the night; during the day, it’s quick and easy to get what you need.
- Ever had bottles containing liquids explode and leak everywhere?
Plastic wrap your bottles. Unscrew the cap, place a piece of clear plastic wrap over the opening and then screw the cap back on. Voila! Leaks prevented. And just to be safe, put them in a zip-close bag.
- Store jewelry in a pill case.
Those weekly pill containers are designed with compartment lids which remain tightly sealed. It makes the perfect mobile jewelry box.
- Insert scented dryer sheets in your suitcase.
The fresh fragrance will combat the stuffy attic odor from storing the suitcase as well as stinky shoes, preventing the rest of your clean clothes from taking on odors. If traveling in the car, place dryer sheets under car seats to keep it smelling its best.
- At airports and hotels, there are never enough wall plugs for people to charge their devices.
Carry your own multi-socket plug. Fellow travelers will appreciate your thoughtfulness.
- Recharge your mobile devices through a TV
Most modern TVs have a USB port on the back or side. Use your USB cable and plug right in. Be sure to double check that the charging battery icon comes on.
- Avoid your credit card being frozen.
Let your credit card company know you are traveling to ensure they will authorize your transactions.
- Use your smartphone to its fullest.
Take photos of your luggage. If it gets misplaced, it’s much easier to show a picture of it than to describe it. Also, take a snapshop of your IDs, in case they get lost or stolen.
Did we leave any out? Please leave a reply and share your best tips and tricks.